Thursday, September 4, 2008

Donating to Whom?

New work schedule for me. Taking Wed off again instead of Sunday. Would like to be able to take Sundays off, but it just does not work for me.

Looking into a charity to give a percent of my profits too. Seriously thinking of St. Jude's or the local food pantry.

I have a nephew that passed away when he was 6, over 25 years ago. and St Jude's was amazing to them throughout his illness. From my research I learned that about 70% 'other than administrative".

Although this is good, I like the idea of all the donation going directly to the purpose of the charity. Hence 100% going to Joe(Josephine) Blow's table to feed the family after being laid off and no job prospects in the region he lives.

Like a lot of areas of the U.S. we here in southeast Kansas are being hit with numerous layoffs and cutbacks. I am a big believer in a hand up, and not a handout. The food pantries have limits on the number of times you can use them, and can take cash donations and get bargains I would not be able to get.

But realistically is a local charity the way to go for a business donation?

No comments: