Sunday, April 15, 2007

April 14th Gardening Update

My lilacs, that were bloomin' just a couple of weeks ago are frozen and covered with ice Saturday morning.



My "crop of cups" is covered with snow before I left for a 'Writer's Conference'. The more I drove to the southeast the worse it became. When I arrived 60 miles away there was about 3 inches of very wet sloppy snow on the ground.


A shot to show the signs all the way on the day trip. I just could not get my head aound it being April 14th and snowing!

By the time I got home the snow of course was all gone and the temp was in the 40's. Today it is in the 60's and tomorrow they are calling for the 70s. Checking the gardenin area I have some hope that all is not lost. There were a few bright green signs of potatoes coming back up!!!

Do I hear "WHoowWWHooooo!"?

No comments: