Thursday, April 5, 2007

April 5, 2007 Garden Update

It is April...correct? I mean I live in Kansas, and it is safe to say that there will be no Snow in April in Kansas, one would think. But, that is what they are calling for at some point in the next 48 hours. As I write this the radar shows snow in Central Kansas, whether it gets here (SE Kansas) is something else.

Instead of knitting little green sweaters for my potato plants, so they can shiver in the cold blast, I covered them with what I had on hand. Recycled convenient store cups and mulch from the compost pile is not a cute as little green sweaters, but keeps me from possibly loosing the little suckers.



The plan is to change out the cups this evening to cut-down 2-liter bottles so what little daylight there is will get through to them in the coming days.

Took another pic of the blossoms (apple?) in case this cold blast is their demise.

No comments: